- When joining, introduce yourself and your work on investments in Africa.
- The Chatham House Rule applies. This means members express their views privately, and it is not allowed to screenshot discussions and share outside of the group.
- If your post/link is not directly related to African investments, do not post.
- Leverage the group for your mission, for example:
a. poll or survey the group using StrawPoll/ Google Forms
b. post your hiring needs to boost hiring of women
c. share deals for which you seek co-investment (ensure you disclose your relationship to the deal)
d. request to co-brand your event with WAI Group where useful
e. challenge, build trust and drive accountability through debate
f. schedule a meet-up in your city
g. create a subgroup on Whatsapp or Slack for co-created projects or deep-dives
- Avoid Linkedin-style, self-promotional posts. The group is for discussions, not for advertising your fundraising or consulting services.
- Avoid chatter and cluttering the group with posts that should be DMs (Direct Messages). Try to avoid interrupting ongoing discussion threads.
- Members represent themselves, not their organisations (except where explicit).
Members’ contact information is never made public or shared with anyone without explicit prior consent. If you are seeking to contact members for speaking opportunities, please use LinkedIn or other means. Lelapa does not facilitate introductions.
The WAI Group is exclusively for investment professionals. However, women entrepreneurs may use the Member Directory filters to identify potential investors.
Membership fees help cover the operational and administrative overheads of the WAI Group and the WAI Angel Network.
If your organisation is not a fund (large, small or a first-time fund), then you fall into the payment group “Large funds and All Non-fund organisations“. If you cannot afford the membership fee in your payment group, but would still like to join, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Type of Organisation||Amount (Excl. VAT if applicable)|
|Large funds and All Non-fund organisations||€125 per year|
|Small funds (FUM less than $150mn)||€75 per year|
|First-time fund managers (pre-close)||€25 per year|
Members must join in their individual capacity. However, members can expense their membership fee to their organisation.
If you choose to leave the Whatsapp group before the end of the annual billing cycle, you will not be reimbursed. Your profile will remain on the Member Directory for the full billing cycle unless you request that it be removed.
Ensuring women have access to and are represented at industry events is important. Please use the “Speaker” filter on the Member Directory page to find female speakers and their areas of expertise. If you are not a WAI Group member and would like to offer discount codes or sponsor event attendance to members, please contact: email@example.com